Carefully packing all your stuff ahead of a move is not enough without keeping an inventory. You need to know the condition, whereabouts, and estimated value of all your belongings to ensure nothing gets misplaced or damaged throughout the process.
Paradise Moving and Storage Inc. offers professional moving and packing services that guarantee all items are delivered intact and complete.
This article will walk you through the purpose of keeping and monitoring your inventory. Let’s begin!
Why is it important to keep track of moving inventory?
Moving is, without a doubt, one of the most stressful tasks of life. Just the thought of all the work, energy, and time involved in sorting and packing all your belongings alone can cause headaches.
There are various tips that can help you with the moving and packing process. Your best chance of keeping things in check and avoiding potential complications and undue stress is by doing one thing – keep track of your moving inventory. Below are some of the reasons to keep and monitor an inventory:
- An inventory keeps things organized! It gives an accurate and detailed account of all your belongings. You get to identify any damaged, outdated, or duplicated item.
- It helps to better prepare for handling or managing any fragile or valuable item.
- An inventory sheds more light on the number of boxes or packaging materials you will need for a smooth relocation.
- Keeping track of your inventory provides clarity and helps in making decisions.
For example, while taking a log of your items, you get to identify those worthy enough of recording and taking to your new destination. Hence, you avoid packing unnecessary items and also save costs. You can then decide on which items to sell or donate.
- You can quickly get an estimate of your belonging’s total weight and final moving cost from the inventory list. This makes your transaction with any moving company much easier and straightforward.
This information will also come in handy when selecting the size of the moving truck, the number of personnel needed, and other logistics.
- Keeping track of your inventory ensures you don’t go through the same stress twice. Unpacking should never be as tedious, energy-sapping, and time-consuming as packing. Life becomes much easier when you can identify the content of a box without having to unbox. This is possible because of proper labeling or color codes usage.
What does the inventory list describe?
Your moving inventory list often includes the following items:
- The item’s name
- Item description – The more specific you are, the better.
- The number of same/similar items
- Present condition — Be honest and take note of any pre-existing damage.
- Estimated value – The item’s objective value
- Your new place
- Additional details — If the item necessitates a more delicate touch or special handling.
However, by far, the two most important details are the number and condition of the items! The item count is first confirmed, their conditions assessed, and the data recorded before loading them onto the trucks. The data are often recorded using abbreviations and symbols, as shown below.
Inventory list and insurance claims
An inventory list of your belongings also serves as a safety net in case of theft or accident. You are instantly covered by insurance since it contains an accurate valuation or estimation of your belongings. A detailed inventory list boosts the chance of successful insurance claims by a wide margin.
Why choose Paradise Moving?
A successful move demands extensive preparation and organization. Hence, the need to acquire the services of a professional moving company to lend a helping hand.
Paradise Move is a fully licensed and insured moving company renowned for excellent customer services. We take pride in neatly packing, proper labeling, cautious loading, safe transportation of all your belongings. Our staff is professional, friendly, skilled, and experienced. We also help manage your inventory list for future insurance claims if requested.
We offer both packing and moving services. Our services include the following:
Full Packing Services – to professionally pack all your household items.
Partial Packing Services – to professionally pack specific items or select rooms only.
Self-Packing Services – to deliver high-quality boxes to individuals or families who prefer to do the packing themselves. You’ll only pay for used boxes while we recover unused ones.
Choosing a competent moving company can be the difference between a pleasurable and regrettable moving experience.