The whole process of moving can be stressful. To make it easier and less stressful, it is best to contact the right moving company to help through the moving process.
If you are planning a move to a different state or a long-distance, you can also expect your moving company to have a USDOT number. This unique identifier is issued by the United States Department of Transportation and serves as a nationwide license for commercial vehicle operators for the regulation of those who cross state lines.
Also, moving companies that either transport people or haul cargo across state lines are required to be registered with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration.
How To Find The Right Interstate Movers
Several people claim to have had negative experiences with moving companies, making it difficult to find the right one to contact. Therefore, to ensure that you hire the right mover, below are certain things to consider.
- Get Estimates: Getting at least three written in-home estimates is advisable. If the cost is unusually low, or the estimate is made over the phone without sending someone to check out the job, then you need to be suspicious. Therefore, ensure that you verify any information you get before going ahead with paying the estimated cost.
- Verify Credentials: For interstate movers, a number that is issued by the Department of Transportation is required, as it is a form of license that identifies commercial vehicles hauling cargo in interstate commerce.
Paradise moving USDOT: 3619865
Paradise moving MC: 01236088
- Read Reviews And Complaints: When finding the right interstate mover, check out what other customers are saying about them and the service they offer. You can figure out if the company has a report online from the Better Business Bureau, as they have various reviews from moving companies.
During the process of negotiations, ensure not to deposit large amounts of money, as a moving company should not request more than 20% of the total cost.
Why Choose Paradise Moving
Paradise moving is one of the leading Boston-based long-distance companies which do the trips to Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, Texas, Ohio, and Illinois on the weekly basis.
Here at Paradise Moving, we can help relocate the entire household or just a couple of pieces of furniture to any state. All our vehicles are well-serviced and fully functional, as they are always ready to move you and all your belongings between the states.
Paradise Moving is a full-service interstate moving company, handling all the moving processes and following every piece of information given to us to ensure a safe and smooth move. Our long-distance moving crews will take special care with all of your belongings, wrap, pack and strap them securely for the long trip. With our numerous repeat customers, we are absolutely confident that we can make your long-distance move an enjoyable event!
We offer flat prices with no hidden fees (charges include mileage and tolls) for interstate moving.
How To Prepare For Your Moving Day
During the moving day, a lot of stuff will be going on. Getting up to arrange, movers coming into the house and all that. So, are you preparing to move? If so, here are a few things to take note of in getting ready for moving day:
- Get Up Early: Ensure that you are awake before your movers to provide assistance with anything they might need. By getting up early, you will be able to finish up any other packing that might be lying around.
- Dress appropriately: Try to dress appropriately for your move after waking up for the day. Choose something comfortable.
- Charge Your Devices: As you prepare for your move, make an effort to charge your devices in case you need to contact someone urgently. And the last thing you want is for your phone to die.
Moving day is going to be quite busy. Therefore, it is necessary that every preparation be put in place.