Looking for the services of the right interstate moving company would be the next thing to consider in order to get your belongings to safety.
Regulations For Interstate Moving Companies
The whole process of moving can be stressful. To make it easier and less stressful, it is best to contact the right moving company to help through the moving process.
If you decide to move from one state to another, the moving company is required to have a U.S. Department of Transportation number (USDOT). This department issues this unique identifier, as it is a nation-wide license for every commercial vehicle to have in order to cross state lines.
If you are planning a move to a different state or a long distance, you can also expect your moving company to have a USDOT number. This unique identifier is issued by the United States Department of Transportation, and serves as a nation-wide license for commercial vehicle operators for the regulation of those who cross state lines.
Also, moving companies that either transport people or haul cargo across state lines are required to be registered with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration.
How To Find The Right Interstate Movers
Several people claim to have had negative experiences with moving companies, making it difficult to find the right one to contact. Therefore, to ensure that you hire the right mover, below are certain things to consider.
- Get Estimates: Getting at least three written in-home estimates is advisable. If the cost is unusually low, or the estimate is made over the phone without sending someone to check out the job, then you need to be suspicious. Therefore, ensure that you verify any information you get before going ahead with paying the estimated cost.
- Verify Credentials: For interstate movers, a number that is issued by the Department of Transportation, is required, as it is a form of license that identifies commercial vehicles hauling cargo in interstate commerce.
Also, the mover is expected to have a carrier number obtained from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, as they are responsible for the regulation of interstate transport. You must also check online for the motor carrier numbers and DOT for the legitimacy of the company. A lot of companies claim to be moving companies but are not.
- Read Reviews And Complaints: When finding the right interstate mover, check out what other customers are saying about them and the service they offer. You can figure out if the company has a report online from the Better Business Bureau, as they have various reviews from moving companies.
During the process of negotiations, ensure not to deposit large amounts of money, as a moving company should not request more than 20% of the total cost.
How To Prepare For Your Moving Day
During moving day, a lot of stuff will be going on. Getting up to arrange, movers coming into the house and all that. So, are you preparing to move? If so, here are a few things to take note of in getting ready for moving day:
- Get Up Early: Ensure that you are awake before your movers to provide assistance with anything they might need. By getting up early, you will be able to finish up any other packing that might be lying around.
- Dress appropriately: Try to dress appropriately for your move after waking up for the day. If it’s during the winter, try to put on warm clothes, and if it were to be in the summer, put on something comfortable.
- Charge Your Devices: As you prepare for your move, make an effort to charge your devices in case you need to contact someone urgently. And the last thing you want is for your phone to die.
Moving day is going to be quite busy. Therefore, it is necessary that every preparation be put in place.
Why Choose Paradise Moving
Here at Paradise Moving, we can help relocate the entire household, furniture and every other item to any state. All our vehicles are well-serviced and fully functional, as they are ready to move you and all your belongings between the states.
Paradise Moving is a full-service interstate moving company, handling all the moving processes and following every piece of information given to us to ensure a safe and smooth move. Our moving crew offers protection for all your belongings, wrapping and packaging